Jul 1, 2010

Looking forward to the long wekend

Sorry I haven't posted in a while but I've been jsut a little busy.  I've been tied up at work and looking into buying a boat so fishing as been on the back burner expect for fooling around in the ponds for Largemouths.



I did buy a boat.  She is a used 17' Center Console Sunbird with a 90hp Evinrude that should allow me to get started running my own boat down the shore for fluke and stripers and ofcourse a little fun on the lake.  In haven't owned a boat in probably 10+ years and even then it was just small aluminum boats so this is a little new to me.   So I am working on getting comfortable with her and cleaning up the odds and ends that need to be addressed before heading down to the shore.  Overall it is a nice clean and usable boat and a great way to start for me but controlling the itch to just go is tough.  I plan on playing in my local lake for another week before heading down to the shore for a lesson.

I will be out chasing stripers and fluke with the boys this weekend on my friends boat and the weather looks great, seas are going to be flat and ofcourse Ernie will be all charged up about the shark trip he was on last week so it should be for a fun time.

Don't forget to take some time to reflect about what Independnce day means to you in between all the great outdoor activities and BBQs.

Happy 4th of July everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting a new boat. Looks like the perfect fishing boat. It's about time for me to get something like that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck being owned by a boat. I am sure you will find your self into great bass fishing soon.

    ReplyDelete