Mar 9, 2011

March Madness and fishing.....Interesting

When people hear the words March Madness right away College Basketball pops into your brain, but yet it could be about fishing, right?  Well not normally but in this case the folks over at Cheeky Fly Fishing have decided to combine March Madness with their passion for fly fishing.   The best part about this is that 100% of the proceeds will be donated to Casting for Recovery, Stripers Forever and Bonefish & Tarpon Trust all of which are great organizations trying to make a difference.






Should I ride a number 1 seed like the Tarpon or Steelhead or go for a cindarella pick to win it all like the Bluegill?  I can tell you this I am NOT happy about the Smallmouth Bass being an 8 seed in the Eastern Division with a first round game against the Steelhead.  That is just disrespectful.   I guess I need to spend a little more time doing some research and analysis before submitting my picks. 

For additional details and to enter your bracket visit their website at  http://www.cheekyflyfishing.com/news

Good luck to everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Hey - nice post! I just read it out loud to the office and had everyone laughing...love the Bluegill Cinderella pick. Our apologies about the tough matchup early on for Eastern foe and friend the Smallmouth Bass. Keep doing what you're doing and thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete