I was so busy getting prepared for our annual little game dinner get together this past week that I forgot all about Passinthru Outdoors turning two. It is hard to believe that my little venture into blogging is still going and it is because of all my followers. Without all of you to amuse me by reading my drivel, I'm not sure this would have lasted six months. What started out being a way to put thoughts to paper has turned in to sharing my passion for the outdoors with folks that have the same passions for the outdoors. I've been fortunate enough to find and read many great outdoor blogs that are as entertaining as they are instructional.
So to my followers and fellow outdoor bloggers you deserve a big thank you for taking time out of your busy schedules to read my posts and share your passions with me. I know that the the future of our outdoor pursuits are stronger then ever and will continue to survive thanks to everyone here.
Now on to the giveaway. PTO is all about sharing the passion and I have been fortunate enough to share my passions with so many, but even more fortunate to have others share their passions with me. So for PTO's birthday giveaway I decided to share not just my passions, but those of my friends.
To start with I will be giving away some pure Connecticut made maple syrup which I will personally help in making. My friend Bubba is someone I regularly share my outdoors passions with and I have been fortunate that he has shared his passion for making syrup with me. You must have passion to spend the long days and busy weekends making this tasty liquid gold and he most certainly does. You can read about his passion and his setup in my "The Sap is Really Flowing - A sign of Spring" blog post from 2011.
Another one of my hunting and fishing buddies also has a passion for woodworking and Ray has been nice enough to share his passion and creations with me. I've been on the receiving end of hand made pens, turkey and deer calls, Christmas ornaments and kitchen gadgets all made by hand by Ray. As you can tell from the pictures he has knack for wood working. I'm hoping to give away a pen and a spatula (my favorite one is on the left in the picture above). I promise it will be useful and a work of art.
The next item for the give away are some hand tied flies tied with care by me - most likely they will be wooly buggers which are by far my favorite fly and one that will catch fish every time. I've heard it said many times that there is no wrong way to fish a bugger and believe I've tried and they always catch fish. Fly fishing and Fly tying are fairly new passions for me and something I have enjoyed sharing with my friends and family. I'm not sure what it is about fly fishing, but I always come off the water completely relaxed and feeling incredible and it doesn't matter if I catch a fish or not. I've been fishing since I was kid, mostly bait and lures so fishing is nothing new to me, but fly fishing has re-connected me to fishing in a totally different way that I just can't explain yet.
So with the giveaway items listed, here are the details for getting in on the giveaway.
- First, you must have a blog or be willing to write a guest blog for Passinthru Outdoors. Your post should include "Sharing the Passion" in the title and must be about a time you shared your outdoor passion with someone new or when someone shared their outdoor passion with you.
- You must mention and link to Passinthru Outdoors in your blog post.
- You must comment on this post in the comment section below. Include a link to your Sharing the Passion blog post and also let me know what items you are interested in.
- If you don't have a blog and want to email me your submission please feel free to do so and I will post it on my blog.
- You will get an extra entry or two if you tweet and/or post on your facebook about PTO and this giveaway. Make sure you leave a comment here with a link to your facebook page and tweet.
- Entries must be submitted by Midnight on February 29th. Winners will be selected by random drawing.