|First of the 2012 draw to be bottled - looks tasty|
The sap has been running and we have been busy boiling and bottling some CT Pure Maple Syrup - 17 gallons of it so far. It has been running at just over 40 gallons of sap to one gallon of syrup and the evaporator does about 30 gallons of sap an hour. 1100 gallons of sap collected to date and that equals about 37 hours of boiling time. Then it has to be finished on the stove, filtered and then bottled. Truly a labor of love. Tasty stuff that you can enjoy by participating in the giveaway contest.
My buddy Ray has provided me with some great items for the giveaway as well to include handmade grunt call, slate turkey call with striker, a pen and even a cutting board. Depending on the level of participation in the contest I will giveaway all four items away or keep one or two for a future contest and let the winners chose their item.
I've been busy at the tying bench knocking off all the rust so I can ensure the winner of the flies gets some quality fish catching creations. Ok, I can't guarantee they will catch fish, but I can promise I have caught fish on the flies I will tie and I am NOT that good of a fly fisherman yet. So if they worked for me, they should work for you.
Remember the rules: Click here for original post:
- First, you must have a blog or be willing to write a guest blog for Passinthru Outdoors. Your blog post should include "Sharing the Passion" in the title and must be about a time you shared your outdoor passion with someone new or when someone shared their outdoor passion with you and should be posted to your blog.
- You must mention and link to Passinthru Outdoors in your blog post.
- You must comment on my original post in the comment section. Include a link to your Sharing the Passion blog post and also let me know what items you are interested in.
- If you don't have a blog and want to email me your submission please feel free to do so and I will post it on my blog.
- You will get an extra entry or two if you tweet and/or post on your facebook about PTO and this giveaway. Make sure you leave a comment here with a link to your facebook page and tweet.
- Entries must be submitted by Midnight on February 29th. Winners will be selected by random drawing.