Apr 5, 2011

Reality TV I can get into - Streaming video of Bald Eagle next

I'm not a fan of reality TV at all, but this is one I can get into and it's a must share.  You won't see any fist bumping or someone smacking Snookie, but you will see one of the most majestic birds - The American Bald Eagle in it's natural habit as baby Eagles are born into the wild.

There is a live camera setup on an American Bald Eagle nest in Decorah, Iowa and  Bob Anderson, director of the Raptor Rescue Project, which installed the baseball-sized camera near the 80-foot-high nest, told CBS News that since the first egg was laid in February, the Ustream live footage has been viewed by 11 million people from 130 countries. On Friday, as the first egg began to hatch, more than 111,000 computers were watching the live camera at the same time.

Two of the three chicks are now hatched and part of the daily show which is just too cool to see this close up.  This is an amazing site to see and worth stoping in at http://www.ustream.tv/decoraheagles#utm_campaigne=synclickback&source=http://www.raptorresource.org/falcon_cams/decorah_eagle_xcel.html&medium=3064708

Here is a youtube video of one of the chicks hatching this past weekend



Now I'd watch this kind of reality TV all day if I could.  Incredible. 

Hope you enjoy it.

5 comments:

  1. Really cool. I will have to start watching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great video. Such an awesome, strong and powerful bird showing such gentleness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been watching since Sunday on and off when I can. Yesterday I was viewing when the pair of eagles switched positions on the nest. It was quite a site on how they get into place while always protecting the young.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those animal/bird cams. Once I start watching I just can't seem to stop. Thanks for the heads up on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredible! Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete